Wednesday, March 26, 2014

NEW IN - beauty products from H&M

Hey Hey my little Beauty Munchkins!


I’m always a bit skeptical when clothing brands or stores come out with a makeup line and today I want to try out some stuff I found at H&M and see if I will go back there to purchase more beauty stuff or not. :)


I know there is waaay more stuff out there than I bought, but as I’ve never tried such products from H&M before I just decided on 3 items and one tool.


I will first go through everything I bought and then show you a look I created with it.


Let’s start with the cutest thing: the brush! It has a black handle with shiny red hearts on it and the bristles are red and white and shaped like a heart – adorable :D
It feels very soft and I used it to apply blush on my cheeks. I found it applies the blush a little patchy, but you can easily blend it out very well with it.
So for only € 2,95 I would say this is a pretty good brush and I will definitely get some use out of it ;)


Up next is a product I’m usually pretty critical with, but the Mega Volume Mascara had me at the first brush stroke. I love the rather large spooly and I think it applies the mascara evenly. It does not give very much length or volume, as it claims, but it is a great mascara if you are going for a rather natural look. It separates well, doesn’t clump and it doesn’t smutch all day.
For € 2,95 I totally recommend this mascara with this gorgeous shiny copper-like packaging!


Now let’s talk about the one product I got really disappointed with. It is the Gel Eyeliner & Eyeshadow Duo. This is an all in one product, where you have the gel liner on the bottom and the two eyeshadows in the middle if you unscrew the brush and handle.
Let’s start with the two eyeshadows. There is Bark, which is the darker one, and Nude. Both are gorgeous shimmer/glitter shades that are super pigmented and quite easy to blend. The only downside about these beauties would be that they do not really last that long on your eyelids.
Moving on to the disappointing product: the gel liner. Oh no…I mean, the color Purple Midnight is gorgeous but the product itself is just waaaaay too dry. It is hard to apply and it tears on your eyelid when you do so. After a couple of hours it starts to crumble and it gets flaky and..ugh. No! Even though it was only € 3,95, I will not recommend this product.


Last but definitely not least, is the one product that surprised me the most. It is the Duo Lip Lipstick/Lipgloss in Nougat Rose. The lipstick is super creamy and has a darker nude tone. I never ever wear lipgloss, except for Music Friday posts sometimes, but this light shimmery color is totally gorgeous and not sticky at all.
I really love this combo and you will probably see it in a tutorial soon.


So in general I have to say it is probably a hit or miss kind of situation when you want to buy makeup from H&M. I’m really happy with the products I chose, except for the eye shadow thing.
I will probably buy more stuff from there when I see something that catches my eyes ;)

Do you have any products from H&M?
If yes, which ones do you have and do you like them?

A new post will be up soon! Until then..
.. stay tuned and have a fantastic day (or night)

hugs
Trish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment