Monday, January 6, 2014

℘ Manicure Monday - burned nails

Hey Hey my little Beauty Munchkins!


How was your weekend?
The idea for this week’s Manicure Monday actually came from one of my friends.
She showed me a picture of it she found online and I immediately fell in love with it, so let’s see if you love it as much as I do.


While preparing for this design and searching for polishes I could use, I found out: I do not have the right shade for the base! Wow, I never thought that would happen. So I decided to mix two colors together to get the right shade.


products used
s.he – 322
Flormar – 310
s.he – 350
Essence Snow White – Happy
Essence Sealing Top Coat
a newspaper and alcohol

I mixed the white and the brownish beige shade together to get an off-white color and applied 2 coats of this on each nail and let it dry completely.
Cut out pieces of the newspaper a little larger than your nails. Dip your nails in alcohol for about 5 seconds, take the newspaper and press it firmly on your nails and peel it of carefully.
Apply the basecoat over it, to protect the print.
Take a sponge and dap 350 on the places you want your nails to look burned.
With Happy you simply go around the burnt edges to make it look like they are still smoldering. Tada, you are done.


I have to say, this design takes up quite a lot of time and you have to be really careful which newspaper you use, because not every ink is good for this style. But I LOVE the result.

Follow me on Facebook or Instagram to always be the first to know when a new blog is up. Or simply push the subscribe button on the right.

A new post will be up soon! Until then..
.. stay tuned and have a fantastic day (or night)

hugs
Trish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment